Do you want to reset your WiFi router and modem, If Yes, then you are at the right webpage? Today in this article I am going to share some information on how you could reset your WiFi router and modem by following some simple instructions given below. Actually, it is easy to reset your WiFi router or modem because the device itself comes with a reset button usually given at the backside of the device as shown in the image below.
As you can see in the image above, that is how a reset button looks like. In most of the WiFi router and modem models, you can easily find the reset button but in some cases, people are not able to find the reset button because it is hidden and concealed in the tiny hole. Manufacturers of routers and modem companies like; Netgear, Arris, Orbi and others do this on purpose because you could not reset your router and modem accidentally. This is a smart decision because once your router or modem is reset you have to look for the professional help from your Internet Service Provider or third-party technical support because it’s quite techy to configure a router and modem in an accurate way.
So now let’s get started with the steps about how to reset a WiFi router and modem. Before getting started there are few points that you have to check. I have shared the points below. This will actually save your time because in most cases there is no technical issue with the WiFi router or modem and it’s just an unplugged wire or human error. Now first let’s check the self-testing points which might resolve your issue and you don’t have to do anything else with your WiFi router or modem.
Troubleshooting steps for WiFi router and modem
- Check that whether the WiFi router and modem power cable are connected properly or not. Just Plug it again.
- Check the internet connection on other devices. If still, you are not able to access the internet then check have you paid the bill for last month. I am not offending anyone but sometimes people usually forget or get automatic payment declined from the credit card due to overdue on the card.
- Check if your router or modem is showing some signal of connection loss or no internet connection. Usually, most of the router and modems have indicators in red color to notify the user about the signal loss in the internet connection from the node outside your house. Just check all the indicators on the router and modem to determine the what is the issue. It will help you to troubleshoot.
- Check for physical damage to the WiFi router or modem. Sometimes we place something heavy on the WiFi routers and modems which break the antennas and then result in no internet service. So check all the antennas placed on the router.
So these are the few troubleshooting steps that might help you to fix the router and modem. But in case you have done these steps and still facing the same issue then the last option left with you is to reset the router and modem. Now check the reset steps for the Wifi router and moedem. These steps are for Windows PC, if you are using any other device then you have to look for alternatives to perform the reset steps.
Reset WiFi Router and Modem
The following steps will guide you on how to reset the WiFi router and modem step by step. If you are using Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 then you can opt for these steps otherwise contact the support team and they will help you to fix the issue for free. No, let’s move forward towards the reset steps.
- The first step is to switch on your router and modem and connect it to the power source. Because you can not perform the reset when your router and modem are switched off. Once done then go for the next step in the list.
- Locate the reset button on the WiFi router and modem. As I have already shared the image above in this article, you could see that reset buttons are always on the backside of the router and modem. You check on your router and modem there will a tiny small button labeled as a reset button. But in some routers and modems, you are not able to locate the button because the manufacturer has concealed the reset button into a tiny hole.
- To reach that tiny hole you have to use a paper clip or any pin which is able to penetrate into the hole and reset the router and modem.
- You have to press the reset button and hold it for at least 10 seconds. Some WiFi routers and modems required to hold for 30 seconds. You will get an idea because when the reset is successful all the lights on the router and modem start blinking like a dancing kid.
- Now release the button and if you are not able to see the blinking lights then perform this action for 30 seconds. I assure you that this time you will able to reset the router and modem.
- Once the router and modem’s reset process is done then it will automatically restart and reboot the network devices.
- After the restart, now you have successfully reset the WiFi router or modem. Contact the Team.
I hope you are now able to reset your WiFi router or modem. If you need some help in the process then contact the support team and they will assist you with fixing the issue. You could also leave your contact details in the comment and the team will contact you in order to fix the issue. Bookmark this website for further latest articles on this topic.