You need to unlock your Wi-Fi when your current Wi-Fi is limiting collecting incoming signals from the network. So, you can not able to use the internet through that Wi-Fi. Now issue arise may be due to some technical hitch or broken cable etc. There could be a great possibility that your Internet Service Provider is unable to transfer the desired internet speed to your Wi-Fi router. In this article, I will guide you to check and resolve this Wi-Fi issue.
The limited connection error could be due to a communication error between the router and the computer system. You have to confine the area of error by checking with another laptop or computer. Sometimes the issue is with the device we are using not the internet or Wi-Fi connection. If you are still unable to use the internet on your device then you might see the error message “This WiFi connection has no access to the internet”.
How to fix locked WiFi Internet Connection
I am going to some of the predefined troubleshooting steps that might unlock your wifi connection. Follow the below-given troubleshooting steps as mentioned.
- There might be an issue in your current router or modem due to which the internet connection is limited or locked. So, the solution is to restart your router or modem and wait explicitly for 10 seconds and turn it back on.
- The second, possibility is that the drivers of your WiFi or router are not updated with the latest released firmware version. Firmware is actually a set of rules which inform the router how to behave in certain situations. So, check for the latest firmware updates for your internet router or modem.
- If you are not acquainted with firewall settings then you do not make any changes to it. A firewall is basically protection that your Windows computer has to protect you from various types of unauthorized access and all. If you have made any changes to the firewall before then the limited internet connection error could be due to that.
- You can also try to resolve the issue by deleting the Wlansvc files
If you are still not able to revive the internet connection then I request you to contact the professional to make it work out. But I am not going to give up so easy on you. I am have gathered more steps that could finally help you to resolve the issue. Here are the steps. Please follow and give it another try.
How to Disable WiFi Adapter
The following steps will help you to disable the WiFi adapter and revive the limited internet connection.
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type ncpa.cpl and click on enter
- Now, right-click on the wireless adapter and select the disable option.
- Now after the adapter is disabled, right-click on the adapter and click on Enable.
- Restart the computer/laptop and try again to connect and use the internet.
How to Flush DNS
Follow the below-given steps to flush DNS using cmd in Windows.
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type cmd and click Ok
- Now type exactly the same commands given in the next steps
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew